According to the National Retail Federation, Halloween spending this year will reach up to $58 million. 148 million Americans will partake in the holiday, spending an average $66.28 per person - considerably more than last year. Most of that money will go toward costumes for people, candy, decorations and greeting cards.
Amazingly, almost 12 percent of consumers will also spend money to outfit their pets. This season pet costumes for Halloween are a must for owners who love to celebrate the holiday. Keeping it fun and pawfriendly, here are a few tips and ideas on how to have a great Howl-o-ween.
1. Are you a football fan? If so and in keeping with the season, represent your favorite pro or college football team by dressing them in a football player's costume.
2. Do put your dog on really hot accessories or a great hairpiece to spice it up… They might be the next Dog Lady Gaga.... (more pics below!)
3. It's okay to dress lie your pooch! You don't have to be identical, but you can compliment each other. Try a prince n princess… butler and maid… batman and robin.
4. Dress your dog up according to their behavior…. Is your dog a tad bit mischevious? Give em' a red tail and matching pitchfork. If he's sweet and lovable, choose a more of an angelic-like attire.
5. Be creative! Have fun and scare the spook out of people!